Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Remember Me?

Yes, it has been a while. I have no excuse, except for the craziness of the beginning of the school year. I promise, I will try to do better!

With that being said, I have an awesome post in store for you. Well, I think it's awesome. And I'm usually right about most things.

My in-laws came in town for a visit this weekend, mostly because my mother-in-law's artwork was being featured in a local Charleston art gallery: Horton Hayes. She is so very talented, and we're lucky to have some of her artwork displayed in our house. Here is her painting from the gallery.
Love it? It's for sale, check it out here!

After the art show on Friday, we walked over to Social for [lots of] wine and dinner.

Saturday morning, I met up with Emily, a sorority sister and good friend of mine, who now lives in Dallas.

at a carolina game a few years ago.
Emily was in town for a wedding, so we met up for brunch at Poogan's Porch.
via
 I had only been here one other time, and hated it. However, everyone raves about this place so I gave it another shot. I'm glad I did. It was soooo good. I had the crabcake benedict and Emily had the shrimp and grits. The best part was definitely the biscuits! Just what I needed after a night of lots of red wine. It was great to catch up with Emily! I just love her.

That afternoon was the Carolina/Georgia game. My, oh, my was it a nail-biter! But, Carolina came out with the win! May not have been too pretty, but a W's a W.
It's always great to beat those bulldawgs.

Here's Lucy doing her touchdown dance.

Sunday afternoon, we had dinner with my parents and my in-laws at Leaf, a new restaurant in Charleston. It's located on Beaufain Street, where the old Vickery's used to be. I would describe it as "an upscale bar."
But it's so much more than that.

The atmosphere was amazing: floor to ceiling glass doors with flowy white curtains, a beautiful bar, and a cozy patio with an oaktree and lined with crepe myrtles.  Also, all of the artwork in the restaurant is Kevin Morissey's, who is one of my brother's best and oldest friends. I love his artwork!

And the food! Holy moly. Very good. And reasonably priced.

Here is the photo parade of the restaurant and the FOOD.
view from bar with patio in background.



Really? How many bars have you been to where the T.V's are in a pretty built-in with books and flowers?

My favorite of Kevin's artwork.

Another favorite.

pre-dinner cocktail: "skinny" citron mojito



app. = cornmeal-breaded frickles. Megan, you would die. So good.

app #2: fried oysters

mom, dad, and jack all got the meatloaf with mushroom au jus. don't let the pic fool you. it was amazing.

andy got the burger and sweet potato fries

sally got the basil tomato and brie pasta with shrimp. yummm

the. most. amazing. fries. EVER! Truffle oil fries.

my meal: grilled boneless chicken, mashed potatoes, and collard greens. 

You need to try this place. The prices are reasonable, the atmosphere is great, and the food is amazing.
If you do go, you have to promise me you'll get the truffle oil french fries. DO IT!



3 comments:

  1. This is so weird! I was THIS CLOSE to texting you earlier to say "please blog soon!" and then BAM, there's a blog post! And a good one, too. I'm dragging Cameron to Leaf ASAP. I already know what I'll order: fried pickles, your chicken dish and a side of truffle fries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just looked at your mother-in-laws paintings....i pinned on because it is soooooo gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great post! your mil is so, so talented!!!!! sooooo glad your back!!!!

    ReplyDelete