Saturday, September 17, 2011

Tailgate Saturday!

My Gamecocks play Navy today, and even though I had a ticket, I'll be watching from my couch. Pretty sure my germ-y third graders have gotten me sick already. 
Anyway, when I was planning on going, I was going to make these for the tailgate. I've made them before and they were a HUGE hit. They're kind of a take on the those yummy ham/mustard/poppyseed sandwiches.

recipe and picture are from southern living

  • 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
  • (9.25-oz.) packages dinner rolls
  • 2/3 cup peach preserves
  • 1/2 cup mustard-mayonnaise blend
  • 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef, chopped
  • 1/2 pound thinly sliced Havarti cheese
  • Salt and pepper to taste (optional)

  • 1. Heat walnuts in a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, 5 to 6 minutes or until lightly toasted.
  • 2. Remove rolls from packages. (Do not separate rolls.) Cut rolls in half horizontally, creating 1 top and 1 bottom per package. Spread preserves on cut sides of top of rolls; sprinkle with walnuts. Spread mustard-mayonnaise blend on cut sides of bottom of rolls; top with beef and cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, if desired. Cover with top halves of rolls, preserves sides down, and wrap in aluminum foil.
  • 3. Bake at 325° for 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Slice into individual sandwiches.
*I didn't use the walnuts*

1 comment:

  1. those look so good! did you go the uga/sc game?!? i was there, such a heartbreaker for us!! but the game was still fun and its always great to see my sc friends!!! xx.

    ReplyDelete